Case Management Services and Off-Campus Referrals

The UCI Counseling Center staff includes two Licensed Clinical Social Workers who work as Case Managers and are available to help students with the following needs:

A. Referral for mental health services off-campus, including:

  • Long Term Therapy (e.g., lasting more than a couple of months or meets every week)
  • Therapy during hours that the Counseling Center is closed (i.e., evenings and weekends)
  • Specialized care for Eating Disorders, Addiction or other needs  

B. Obtaining help accessing or learning about other campus resources (e.g., food, housing, financial, legal etc.)

C. Helping students understand their insurance coverage for mental health services.

Request Referral and Resource Support Today!

Any registered UCI student can call the Counseling Center at 949-824-6457 and request to speak with a Case Manager for referral and resource support.

If you are currently located OUTSIDE of CALIFORNIA – please see our Services Outside of California page with referral information specific to students who are out of state or out of the U.S.

Take a look at this helpful video on Tips for Finding a Therapist:

 Off-Campus Referrals

For more information about how to seek off-campus referrals, please click one of the following links based on your health insurance:

SHIP within California

SHIP outside of California (out-of-state and international)                       

Non-SHIP private insurance (Ex: Aetna, HealthNet, etc.)

Kaiser or Medi-Cal


Helpful Links

How to access your SHIP Health Insurance Card through the App

Accessing SHIP services internationally

More details about your USHIP benefits

More details about your GSHIP benefits