For Life Threatening Emergencies:
Or go to your nearest Emergency Room
For other crisis needs 24/7:
- Call UCI Counseling Center at (949) 824-6457
♦ Or 1-866-817-9842
♦ Text “Home” to 741741
- Call or text 9-8-8 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 9-8-8
- Call UCI Campus Police at
Mission, Vision, and Values
The UCI Counseling Center is committed to delivering quality services that help students achieve optimal mental health for academic success, personal growth, and increased capacity to cope with the stresses of being a university student. The Counseling Center also provides training and learning opportunities to prepare future leaders in mental health and other service-oriented positions.
The vision of the Counseling Center is to elevate the student experience and create pathways to success through a wide range of multiculturally based clinical, outreach, prevention, and training services.
- Inclusion & Advocacy
- Integrity & Accountability
To link to the UCI Counseling Center virtual brochure, click here.
Weathering the Weather
It is getting closer to the holiday break and the end is in sight! Soon we will be with family and friends and getting some much-needed relaxation after the start to the quarter! Phew!
While this time can be something to look forward to, it is important to still be aware of caring for your mental health. Here are some things to consider as we reach the end of the year!
Summer is a great time to reflect on all the things you have done and learned along the way, and to also consider what areas you would like to grow into as you transition into the next academic year.
Take time to reflect, and perhaps even journal out your thoughts:
How to Improve Relationship with Food
Are you struggling with your relationship with food? In honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week that occurs Feb. 21st- Feb. 27th here are 7 tips that will help you improve your relationship with food:
1. Be aware that there are NO “good” foods and “bad” foods. All foods provide nutrition and sustenance to the body and our bodies need protein, carbohydrate, fiber, and even sugar and fat to survive. All foods are good if you eat a variety of foods to get all of the nutrients that you need in moderation….