For Life Threatening Emergencies or for Crisis Care needs 24/7:
Call (949) 824-6457 and select Option # 2.
Crisis Text Line
Text “Home” to 741741
Call or text 9-8-8 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at
Call UCI Campus Police at
Go to your nearest Emergency Room
About the Program
COACH stands for Creating Options and Conquering Hurdles. It’s a motivational program that allows you to accomplish your goals and create the personal life that you desire.
The COACH Program is a motivational program that assists students in accomplishing their academic, social, and personal goals. It is sponsored by the Counseling Center and the Division of Undergraduate Education. Its primary goal is to provide students who are stressed, unmotivated or worried about their grades or life in general with a personal coach. The role of the Life Coach is to assist students in their endeavor for ultimate success.
The Coaching process involves 3-steps:
1. Helping a student assess their needs.
2. Formulating an individual plan with specific steps, tasks and timelines.
3. Monitoring the student’s progress until s/he has reached his/her goal.
The methods of coaching are one-to-one in-person, email, phone, and/or video platform. A student may want to request a Coach when they seek to improve:
- Academic Performance & Confidence
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- Social Connections/Relationships
- Self-Care Habits
Summer is a great time to reflect on all the things you have done and learned along the way, and to also consider what areas you would like to grow into as you transition into the next academic year.
Take time to reflect, and perhaps even journal out your thoughts:
Are you struggling with your relationship with food? In honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week that occurs Feb. 21st- Feb. 27th here are 7 tips that will help you improve your relationship with food:
1. Be aware that there are NO “good” foods and “bad” foods. All foods provide nutrition and sustenance to the body and our bodies need protein, carbohydrate, fiber, and even sugar and fat to survive. All foods are good if you eat a variety of foods to get all of the nutrients that you need in moderation….
It is getting closer to the holiday break and the end is in sight! Soon we will be with family and friends and getting some much-needed relaxation after the start to the quarter! Phew!
While this time can be something to look forward to, it is important to still be aware of caring for your mental health. Here are some things to consider as we reach the end of the year!