For Life Threatening Emergencies or for Crisis Care needs 24/7:
Call (949) 824-6457 and select Option # 2.
Crisis Text Line
Text “Home” to 741741
Call or text 9-8-8 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at
Call UCI Campus Police at
Go to your nearest Emergency Room
Request a COACH
REQUEST a Coach
- Please call the Counseling Center at (949) 824-6457 to request a Coach or when the Counseling Center is open, request can be provided to the front desk administrative staff person at 203 Student Services 1 (across from Starbucks).
- Coordinator will receive these requests for services.
- Coordinator will make contact with student to determine appropriateness of peer coaching services. If determined appropriate, Coordinator will match student with Coach. If other services are deemed most appropriate, Coordinator will provide alternative options (e.g., counseling services at the Counseling Center).
- Please know that it is first-come/first serve given limited spaces available.
- Feel free to contact the Counseling Center to be directed to Coordinator if having additional inquiries about the C.O.A.C.H. peer program and connection to services.
Are you struggling with your relationship with food? In honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week that occurs Feb. 21st- Feb. 27th here are 7 tips that will help you improve your relationship with food:
1. Be aware that there are NO “good” foods and “bad” foods. All foods provide nutrition and sustenance to the body and our bodies need protein, carbohydrate, fiber, and even sugar and fat to survive. All foods are good if you eat a variety of foods to get all of the nutrients that you need in moderation….
It is getting closer to the holiday break and the end is in sight! Soon we will be with family and friends and getting some much-needed relaxation after the start to the quarter! Phew!
While this time can be something to look forward to, it is important to still be aware of caring for your mental health. Here are some things to consider as we reach the end of the year!