For Life Threatening Emergencies:
Or go to your nearest Emergency Room
For other crisis needs 24/7:
- Call UCI Counseling Center at (949) 824-6457
♦ Or 1-866-817-9842
♦ Text “Home” to 741741
- Call or text 9-8-8 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 9-8-8
- Call UCI Campus Police at
Authorization to release or exchange mental health information form
This form is used to release your protected health information as required by federal and state privacy laws. Your authorization allows the Counseling Center to release your protected health information to a person or organization that you choose. Please note this form will need to be handed in in person, or sent directly from another provider.
Opt Out of Accessing Counseling Center Records on WHCS Portal UCI
UCI Counseling Center is legally required to make your relevant clinical notes available to you on the Wellness, Health and Counseling Services (WH&CS) student portal, except under certain conditions. One of the conditions is when you choose to opt out of this access is you may choose to opt out of having portal access to particular notes or all of your Counseling Center notes by completing this form. To opt out, download the pdf below and turn the form into the Counseling Center front desk or your therapist.
2022-2023 SHIP Mental Health Referral Form
If you are a undergraduate or graduate student with SHIP insurance and are looking for or being referred off campus for mental health services you will need to complete a referral request. Please find steps to complete the SHIP Mental Health Referral Form below:
Once you have an appointment scheduled, you need to contact the UCI Student Health Center Insurance Office to request a referral (also known as an authorization) to the provider you’ve selected.
You can call them at 949-824-2388 or you send a referral request securely via the patient portal.
- Select “Messages” on the left sidebar > select “New Message” > select “SHC – Insurance Department: Referral Request and Other General Inquires” > select “SHC – Referral Request”. Once the fields are populated click “Submit.” Please allow 1-2 business days for referral processing.
- You will need to provide them with the name, address, phone number, and fax number (if they have one) of the therapist you are going to see. The Insurance Office will then send a referral to the therapist on your behalf.
**Please note that while most therapists and group practices require the authorization after an appointment is made, some group practices require the authorization in advance of scheduling an appointment. In this case you can use the name of the group practice.**
Disability Services Center Documentation Information
If you are working with Disability Services Center and need a Counseling Center provider to fill out the DSC Disability Vertification Form please go to this website to find the form: https://dsc.uci.edu/documentation/
Weathering the Weather
It is getting closer to the holiday break and the end is in sight! Soon we will be with family and friends and getting some much-needed relaxation after the start to the quarter! Phew!
While this time can be something to look forward to, it is important to still be aware of caring for your mental health. Here are some things to consider as we reach the end of the year!
Summer is a great time to reflect on all the things you have done and learned along the way, and to also consider what areas you would like to grow into as you transition into the next academic year.
Take time to reflect, and perhaps even journal out your thoughts:
How to Improve Relationship with Food
Are you struggling with your relationship with food? In honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week that occurs Feb. 21st- Feb. 27th here are 7 tips that will help you improve your relationship with food:
1. Be aware that there are NO “good” foods and “bad” foods. All foods provide nutrition and sustenance to the body and our bodies need protein, carbohydrate, fiber, and even sugar and fat to survive. All foods are good if you eat a variety of foods to get all of the nutrients that you need in moderation….