For Life Threatening Emergencies:
Or go to your nearest Emergency Room
For other crisis needs 24/7:
- Call UCI Counseling Center at (949) 824-6457
♦ Or 1-866-817-9842
♦ Text “Home” to 741741
- Call or text 9-8-8 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at
- Call UCI Campus Police at
What Services are Right for You? (Interactive Decision Tree)
The Counseling Center offers a variety of services. Check out this video or the image listed below to learn more about our services.
Weathering the Weather
Summer is a great time to reflect on all the things you have done and learned along the way, and to also consider what areas you would like to grow into as you transition into the next academic year.
Take time to reflect, and perhaps even journal out your thoughts:
How to Improve Relationship with Food
Are you struggling with your relationship with food? In honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week that occurs Feb. 21st- Feb. 27th here are 7 tips that will help you improve your relationship with food:
1. Be aware that there are NO “good” foods and “bad” foods. All foods provide nutrition and sustenance to the body and our bodies need protein, carbohydrate, fiber, and even sugar and fat to survive. All foods are good if you eat a variety of foods to get all of the nutrients that you need in moderation….
Is this an Emergency?
or go to your nearest Emergency Room
I am seeking…
It sounds like it would be best for you to talk to an academic advisor.
I am looking for…
It seems like you would benefit from the Counseling Center’s online services and resources.
These resources might help you if:
- you want to pursue information and strategies on your own
- you are not sure if you are ready to meet with a therapist
- or your schedule does not work with Counseling Center Hours
Which of these statements best describes you?
It looks like you would benefit from a
These sessions are great for getting prompt support for a non-crisis concern that can be addressed in one session or if you only have time for one session.
Call or stop by the Counseling Center to schedule a One Time Session
It looks like you would benefit from our Online Self-Help resources or getting a referral
These resources might help if your schedule does not work with Counseling Center Hours.
It seems like an initial assessment might best fit your needs
Assessment results may lead to the following treatment recommendations:
Short-term individual therapy at the Counseling Center to address various concerns
(e.g., anxiety, stress, depression, self-esteem issues, relationship concerns, academic difficulties, grief or loss, trouble adjusting to college)
Referral assistance to off-campus services
[verbiage for assessment/dsc letter]
[verbiage for relationship therapy]
It looks like you might want a referral.
Referrals for mental health services off-campus are good for:
- Long Term Therapy (e.g., lasting more than a couple of months or meets every week)
- In person counseling during hours that the Counseling Center is closed
- Help accessing or learning about other campus resources (e.g., food, housing, financial, legal etc.)
- Learning how to take advantage of my insurance coverage for mental health services.
Which of these statements best describes your needs?
Before we move forward, do any of the following statements apply to you?
If you’d like to speak to someone directly, please click on the button below to call the Counseling Center.
Which of these statements best describes the help you are seeking?
It sounds like the best services for you are offered by:
UCI CARE (Campus Assault Resource and Education)
It sounds like you need:
Crisis Care Services
A crisis care therapist is available to 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If you are in crisis, the therapist will work with you to form a plan to manage your urgent situation. Anyone who is seriously concerned about another student may also call or come to the Counseling Center to consult with the crisis care therapist.
Please click on the number below to connect with Crisis Care Services.
After hours: Select Option 2
After hours you may also call
Would you like to speak with the front desk to better assess your needs?
Please click on the number below to call